Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Old Time Religion

Yep, I'm a pretty crappy Catholic. My Ash Wednesday fasting lasting just until I realized ther was a McDonald's Double Cheesburger leftover in the fridge from yesterday. Fourty-five seconds in the microwave later, and I was a heathen again. I didn't even make it to Mass to get the obligatory ashes on my forehead. Morning time is a lonely, hungry time when you're unemployed.

On the up side, I was able to add bacon to the bean soup I made for dinner tonight. To justifiy my actions, I look to Christopher Moore's Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. The Reader's Digest version is, there's nothing wrong with bacon on a holy day. But still read the book. It's a hoot.

To balance out my troubles today, the SciFi channel decided to play The Beastmaster tonight, so I'm going to have a glass of wine and some soup, and watch a classic of my youth.

Good luck and God bless, y'all.

No comments: